Tuesday 17 August 2010

Newspaper novels worth a look


Further to my comments on the books by Tom Rachman and Brian Page, my old colleague David Kernek wrote to say how much he had enjoyed Brian's novel and that he would look up the Imperfectionists. He added: "Other novels I'd rate as classics of the genre (apart from Scoop, of course) are Towards the End of Morning (Michael Frayn) and Don't Print My Name Upside Down (Michael Green) - both from the 60s."

Towards the End of the Morning was one of the first books I read after becoming a journalist in the late 70s and it provided a warning that newspapers were not the glamorous place I then believed them to be. Will add the Michael Green book to my 'to do' to my list. Any others? Send me your recommendations and I will draw up a reading list.

No comments:

Post a Comment